Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

This last week was so much fun!  We started with the school carnival and from there it was pumpkin carving, Halloween parties and a spooky (and rainy) night of trick-or-treating.  I hope you and your family had a great Halloween. Here are some pictures from my favorite holiday: 
Face painting got started bright and early Friday morning, as we spookified ourselves for the Halloween Parade and class parties...
Some say this isn't much of an improvement from my every day look.
I'm glad the full moon wasn't out....
 Zombies crawled around our house that night...
 Skeleton-like creatures were out and about too...
Mr. Gardner led the Halloween Parade in an all too convincing Snape costume.
Show me the money!
 Ms. Johnson sure likes to clown around!
 Mooooooo!
 
This student has been trying to get a head all year...
 Mrs. White was quite the tourist.
 Mrs. Allmon's classroom party started off with a mean game of Halloween twister.
 There were plenty of treats.  Healthy treats that is.
We made creepy skeleton hands stuffed with popcorn.
 On Saturday, we were off to carve our pumpkins. 
Yes, werewolves carve pumpkins too.
 Next were neighborhood hayrides.
 The afternoon concluded with final Halloween night decorations.  This was my husband's contribution to Halloween.  A gross looking head that he hung in the porch window and that I took down and kept hiding because I thought it was really horrible.  Somehow he managed to find it and rehang it.  Don't get me wrong, I love Halloween, but this was too much.  The other problem was that every time I came in the front door I just about peed my pants from that dang thing
scaring me half to death.
 
Somehow, the traveling head found it's way on the front of the four-wheeler for hayrides.  Nothing says neighborhood fun like a scary skeleton and bloody stump of a head leading the kids on a hayride. Totally gross.
Halloween night finally came with Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!
 And a few more faces to paint...
 
 
 I ditched the witch and became a Zombie.  Actually, this is what I look like the day before, the day of and the day after a big PTA event.
Trick-or Treating was so much fun, we didn't let a little (okay, alot) of rain stop us!
 Old Man of The Mountain, aka Grandma, paid us a visit that night too.  Now you know where I get my love from Halloween from.  It runs in the family.
 The kids are asleep and it's now time to dig through their bags for chocolate.
Happy Halloween!
I can't wait for next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment