I have a wish each year that a storm will be brewin' on Halloween night. A storm with dark clouds that blows the wind so you can hear the leaves scraping on the sidewalk and a full, yellow moon should hang low with creepy clouds floating by. A gray owl should be perched in an overgrown tree, watching the trick-or-treaters. Okay, now I've gone too far...really though, I would like cold weather for Halloween. Well, be careful what you wish for. Mine just came true 6 days early for Carnival night. This is what I read the forecast is going to be for Monday:
"Scattered light rain showers at times on Sunday, will be followed by a significant cold front "pre" sunrise on Monday. Rain and snow will fall in the valleys, with snow on the Benches. Lake Effect snow will likely increase amounts of accumulation in areas above the valley floor during the day on Monday."
These are a couple of questions I have been asking myself today. Why would snow be scheduled to fall on the day of the Carnival? Why has it been 75 degrees every day in October up to this point? I'm not sure. But, we'll just have to roll with it. That's how we do things at Valley View. We make it work. Remember this...
May 23, 2010. The day before our annual Field Day.
The next day...
Our students playing in the water sprayed from a fire hose.
Only in Utah do we get weather like this. As long as it doesn't rain, I don't think a lil' nip in the air will stop us from the awesome, Haunted Hayride, Train Ride and Pirate Ship activities we have planned outside. It just means hot cocoa and hand warmers will be keeping us toasty...
No comments:
Post a Comment