Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we spotlight 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Lewis.
She's an awesome teacher! Let's learn a little more about her...
Favorite food: Well..., if I had to eat food first, it would be prime rib and crab legs, but if I could just skip to desserts it would include anything chocolate and/or chocolate peanut butter!Favorite movie: A Walk in the Clouds, Chocolate, and Ever After.
What do you love most about Valley View: I love all of my friends at Valley View. This includes many parents, students, (current and past), and colleagues. There is lots of love, laughter, and hugs daily. I have made some really good lifelong friends at Valley View, making it fun to come to work!
Where are you from originally: I am from Southern California. I was born and raised in Palm Springs, CA, and moved to the beach during my years in high school. I graduated from Dana Hill High in Dana Point, Ca and completed my BA at CSU, Fullerton, then my teaching credentials at Concordia University, Irvine. Then completed my student teaching in grades 5 & 3, with an early child endorsement.
What grades have you taught: I have taught a K-1, class, 2nd grade, I retired to have my children and assist in building and administering several residential care facilities for the elderly. As my children reached school, I volunteered at VV and was asked by the past principal to Aide. As I stepped back into the classroom, I knew it was my true love and have been back for eight years, this being my 7th class.
Favorite holiday: My favorite holiday is Christmas. I grew up Italian and we celebrate with wonderful foods and customs, handed down from my grandmother.
Pets: Anyone who knows us know we have 4 children. 2 just happen to be full of fur and walk on all fours. Our "Fur Babbies" are know as Abby and Tex, two beautiful and very well loved boxers. Yes, the rumors are true! Each weighing 75lbs, they DO sleep with us and one prefers to be under the covers! My "furless" children are Landon 14, 9th grade at PG JR. and Loni 12, 7th grade at PG JR. Both great kids and graduates from Valley View.
Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere on a cruise!! We love the Caribbean and have a trip planned next month. We are also planning to take our children to Jamaica in June and shooting for the Mediterranean for our 20th wedding Anniversary!
Favorite book: The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe, but I love to read and look forward to vacation time when I stay up all night to do so. We are currently reading The Candy Shop Wars, in my class and so far it is very exciting!
Favorite music: The hip/hop dance music my teenagers listen to, some rap, mellow relaxing music, I always have church music on the radio on Sunday, Christmas music is on November 1st, some country, I have to stay no to opera.
Favorite teaching experience: It has happened twice and it just makes me giggle inside, while I keep a straight face. I had a little girl come up to me this year to whisper to me that each night after her mom tucks her into bed and closes the door, she sneaks the light back up and stays up late to read. She told me, "It's so good! Mrs. Lewis, I just couldn't put it down!" As you can imagine her reading level has soared this year. Sorry mom! Another similar circumstance was a little girl from last year, only she shared the room with a little brother and would use a flashlight under the covers. Apparently he couldn't wait to tell, mom. Sorry again mom! When my students get the reading bug, it tickles me!

No comments:
Post a Comment