Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we learn more about 3rd grade teacher, Miss Threet.
She's a great asset at Valley View, so read on...
Favorite food: I really enjoy Italian food! The Wall of Chocolate at P.F. Chang is amazing. I tell my friends that if I collapse: do not call 911. Call P.F. Chang and see if the cake will revive me!
Favorite movie: I enjoy the sappy Hallmark Hall of Fame movies. My mom has been gone for 5 years now and I sure miss watching them with her on Sunday evenings.What do you love most about Valley View: The children!!!!! There is a politeness and a kindness to the majority of the student body that is a true reflection of the community at large. I have worked in many fine schools and have always enjoyed the kids, but VV kids are top notch.
Where are you from originally: New York. I grew up in Fairport, New York which is a suburb of Rochester New York. Think Kodak, Xerox, Baush and Lomb, Eastman School of Music, The Hill Cumorah...
What grades have you taught: Third grade is my favorite grade and I have taught it the most. I have also taught first, second, and sixth grades. I learned in the sixth grade experience that I am a primary grade teacher.
Favorite holiday: Halloween!
Pets: Cats. I have two. One is docile and sweet and snuggly. The other is a feisty girl! She has a groomer and I spend more on her coat than I do on my own hair. Really. She won't let me groom her. I have been to InstaCare twice and have the scars to prove her willfull spirit. I love dogs too. Cats are easier when one has long, unpredictable work hours.
Favorite vacation spot: My bed with a great book is a wonderful vacation spot. No packing. No vaccinations. No security check points.
Favorite book: The Tale of Despereaux. The movie was a major disappointment. The book is a literary masterpiece.
Favorite music: Jazz! I also like Motown sounds.
Favorite teaching experience: It is a long, long story. A little Japanese student who wore a back brace. She has a special spot in my heart. She had overcome cancer as a toddler, and then came to need an awkward back brace for another serious problem... and carried with her that glow that young children of great courage carry. I will never forget her.

No comments:
Post a Comment