Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teacher Tuesday

Today, we are featuring 1st grade teacher, Ms. Garrett.  She has been teaching at Valley View for 17 years and only Valley View!  She is a true Hawk! Here are a few things you may not have known about her:
Favorite Food: Italian and chocolate. My favorite dish is Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.  As far as chocolate goes, I love it all.  I really like Carmelos, Rolos and Snickers.
Favorite Movie: Pride and Prejudice.
What do you love most about Valley View: The kids. They are amazing and I love teaching them. I also love our supportive parents and the people I work with. They are fun and truly dedicated.
Where are you from originally: Southern Utah.
What grades have you taught:  Just first grade.  I have taught for 17 years and they have all been at Valley View!
Favorite Holiday: Christmas.
Pets: A dog named Flora (she came with that name).  She is half Maltese and half Poodle.  I also have a big, long haired black cat named Peppy.
Favorite Vacation Spot: New York City.
Favorite Book: Anything Jane Austen.
Favorite music/artist:  Country. Carrie Underwood. I also love Classical music.
Favorite teaching experience:  It is really fun to have my former students stop in and say hi.  They can’t believe how small the chairs and the room are!  I love to keep up with them and see where they're at.  One of my former students is now teaching this year.  I love to see my former students grow up, go to college and get married.  It shows how everything comes full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment