Each Tuesday on the blog we will feature a different Valley View teacher and get to know them a little better. This Tuesday, it's Mrs. Muir. She teaches a.m. Kindergarten and is awesome! Here's a few things you may not have known about her:
Favorite Food: Italian. I like the Olive Garden but my favorite is The Chaz pasta dish from the Pizza Factory.
Favorite Movie: Romantic comedies or dramas. A couple of favorites are Pride and Prejudice and Freedom Writers.
Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere I can go snorkeling. A couple of favorite spots include Hawaii and Cabo.
What do you love most about Valley View: I love how we have such a friendly, cooperative work environment. All of the teachers work together as a team and we all seem to be on the same page.
Where are you from originally: Springville.
What grades have you taught: I have taught 2nd and 3rd grade before I had kids. Then we moved to Nebraska and I taught Adult Basic Ed, Community Ed and at an Alternative High School. I have also taught preschool, so I have literally had students in age from 3 to 65!
Favorite Holiday: Christmas.
Pets: Josie the Beagle. She does alot of tricks!
Favorite book: Historical Fiction. The Scarlet Pimpernel is a favorite.
What music is on your ipod right now? Everything! From Colibe Caillat to country.
Pets: Josie the Beagle. She does alot of tricks!
Favorite book: Historical Fiction. The Scarlet Pimpernel is a favorite.
What music is on your ipod right now? Everything! From Colibe Caillat to country.
Favorite teaching experience: Teaching kids how to read. I love to teach reading and see the light that comes on when a student finally understands. I have taught children and adults how to read and it is so rewarding to see their excitement when it clicks.

No comments:
Post a Comment