Sunday, May 22, 2011

We're eating worms...

With all the rain we've been having and the unearthing of worms, I thought it would be appropriate to make Dirt Cups as Logan's birthday treat for his class.  Actually, it wasn't just the rain, I've been making these creepy crawly class birthday treats since my youngest was in Kindergarten. It's kind of tradition now.  It's been fun seeing the reaction on some of the kids faces when I tell them the dirt is from the garden.  In fact, there's been a couple of kids over the years that haven't dared to take a bite.  Here's the recipe, if you too are feeling inspired by the rain.  Or, you're just sick of it like I am and need to make a yummy treat to get you through the day...
Dirt Cups
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
2 cups cold milk
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whipped Topping, thawed
15 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups), divided
10 worm-shaped chewy fruit snacks
Beat pudding mix and milk in large bowl with whisk 2 min. Let stand 5 min. Stir in Cool Whip and 1/2 cup cookie crumbs.
Spoon into 10 (6- to 7-oz.) paper or plastic cups; top with remaining cookie crumbs.
Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with fruit snacks just before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment