Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Teacher Tuesday

Today on Teacher Tuesday, we feature first grade teacher, Mrs. Casper.  We are so glad she's at Valley View!
Favorite Food: Mexican Food.
Favorite Movie: I am pretty easy to please as long as there is popcorn and frozen junior mints!
What do you love most about Valley View: Working alongside the fabulous teachers and staff. We also have a super parent community and the best students EVER!
Where are you from originally: I am from Riverside, California.
What grades have you taught: This is my 11th year of teaching and all of them have been in either Kindergarten or first grade.
Favorite holiday: Christmas, but the 4th of July is a close second :)
Pets: Mario and Sonic, the two parakeets in my classroom!
Favorite Vacation Spot: My top three vacations ever have been to Hawaii, New York, and Europe. I love to travel though so I will tell you more...every year we visit So. California where my parents still live, we spend a lot of time camping in our motorhome and riding our four wheelers; Marysvale UT is our favorite trail riding spot but canyonlands is our favorite jeeping spot. You can also find us traveling to many different places for baseball and football tournaments!
Favorite Book: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
Favorite music/artist: I love most kinds of music...what I am currently listening to depends on what I am doing. You may hear me singing Country at the top of my lungs while I clean house or seriously rocking out while on the elliptical. I listen to the current top stuff in the car, but you could catch me totally grooving to the BeeGees or crying along with a love song as well :)
Favorite teaching experience: I have loved watching the children's eyes light up as they learn to read! I love being one of the first teacher influences these cute little ones have and getting them started on their long education journey. I have had the opportunity the last few years to teach at some district level teacher training classes. That has been a new and exciting challenge. I love knowing that what I do can really make a difference in the lives of the students put in my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment