Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we find out a little more about 6th grade teacher, Mrs. King. We appreciate everything she does for Valley View!
Favorite food: Chinese food, ice cream, and diet Coke!
Favorite movie: I am a huge Harry Potter fan and I love all the movies. I can't wait for the latest Harry Potter movie that comes out this Friday! I will be first in line with a ticket!What I love most about Valley View: I love the great 6th grade students that I get to work with each year. The 6th graders are the best because they can do the most and they love learning new things. They are also really fun to joke and laugh with.
Where are you from originally: right here in PG. I actually went to Valley View Elementary as a kid.
What grades have you taught: I have taught 3rd grade for 4 years and then I moved up to teaching 5th and 6th grade for the past 12 years.
Favorite holiday: Christmas (I already have the lights on my house!)
Pets: I have an English Springer Spaniel puppy named Boston (of course!)
Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere as long as I get to fly on an airplane. I hope someday to visit the places I teach my 6th graders about like Egypt, England, and Russia.
Favorite book: My favorite book is The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane. It is the adventure of a toy bunny that gets passed from person to person and the life lessons he learns along the way.
Favorite music??? I have teenagers - do you think I ever get to choose what's on the radio? Seriously!!!
Favorite teaching experience: When I get to see my students have an "Oh, Wow!" experience. This is when they learn something new for the first time, or when they finally get it after days and days of practice. These moments make me smile and remind me why I chose this job in the first place.

No comments:
Post a Comment