Thursday, June 24, 2010

Say Hello to Oreo

After 9 days, 3 homemade traps, 1 store bought trap, 2 stakeouts, 1 trip to Petsmart, 2 trips to Home Depot and countless hours worrying that while I'm driving a mouse will crawl up my pants, Oreo LeMone was successfully captured at 9:07 p.m. on Thursday, June 24th. (Why am I talking like I just gave birth?) Anyway we caught him after several people advised us to use a sticky trap. We had hesitated using one since we thought that we wouldn't be able to get him off, but it was nothing a little vegetable oil couldn't handle. He is currently recovering from his capture in a cage, snuggling with Noodle and running on his wheel. I'm sure he needs to stretch his legs as he as been cramped up in the car for so long. Thank you to everyone for your concern during this ordeal, your pieces of advice for catching a mouse and for thinking to yourself, "I'm glad it isn't me." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment