He's white and black and furry all over and he's currently living in my car. Yes, I bought my son a pet mouse. I have three boys and at some point I knew day would come when I would have to purchase some sort of reptile, rodent or amphibian. Maybe it was all those years watching Stuart Little and thinking, "a mouse would be fun." This isn't any mouse though. It's called a "Fancy Mouse." Literally. Our first fancy mouse, Noodle, currently resides in a cage in the kids room. Noodle was deeply traumatized after two run-ins with the dog. He has since recovered but we were told that he might do better with another mouse since they are social and like to be in pairs. Here's where I win mom of the year. I actually bought that story and headed down to PetsMart to pick up another mouse. My son picked out a black and white mouse and we deemed him a member of the family and named him Oreo by the time we left the store. On the way home, my son opened the box to hold him and out he ran. We pulled out the flashlights as soon as we got home and found him under the seats. However, he was hard to reach and made a run for it. Right into a vent (at least we think). I rushed down to Home Depot and purchased a Live Mouse Trap in which we spread a little bit of peanut butter. Now we wait. We did say a little prayer on Oreo's behalf that he would live through this. The question is though, will I?Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Ode to Oreo
He's white and black and furry all over and he's currently living in my car. Yes, I bought my son a pet mouse. I have three boys and at some point I knew day would come when I would have to purchase some sort of reptile, rodent or amphibian. Maybe it was all those years watching Stuart Little and thinking, "a mouse would be fun." This isn't any mouse though. It's called a "Fancy Mouse." Literally. Our first fancy mouse, Noodle, currently resides in a cage in the kids room. Noodle was deeply traumatized after two run-ins with the dog. He has since recovered but we were told that he might do better with another mouse since they are social and like to be in pairs. Here's where I win mom of the year. I actually bought that story and headed down to PetsMart to pick up another mouse. My son picked out a black and white mouse and we deemed him a member of the family and named him Oreo by the time we left the store. On the way home, my son opened the box to hold him and out he ran. We pulled out the flashlights as soon as we got home and found him under the seats. However, he was hard to reach and made a run for it. Right into a vent (at least we think). I rushed down to Home Depot and purchased a Live Mouse Trap in which we spread a little bit of peanut butter. Now we wait. We did say a little prayer on Oreo's behalf that he would live through this. The question is though, will I?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment