Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Teacher Tuesday

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we feature one of our wonderful aides, Mrs. McIntyre.  She's awesome! 
Favorite food: Home-made french fries (with pink sauce).
Favorite movie: Something BBC/PBS - Jane Austen-esque - or perhaps some mystery or scary show.
What do you love most about Valley View: I love the kids. When I walk down the fifth grade hall and the kids call out "Hey Mrs. Mac!", I feel like a rock star.
Where are you from originally: I was born in Northern California, but from Kindergarten to sixth grade I went to Valley View elementary. (I did attend school past that . . . but Valley View was the highlight).
What grades have you taught: I've helped out in Special Ed, ESL, Speech, fifth grade and first grade.
Favorite holiday: My birthday. Every year I think I'm not going to say anything, but I get so excited I can't help but tell everyone I know.
Pets: I have three miniature dachshunds (wiener-dogs) named Rex, Ginger and Flossie. They are my children with the "extra" hair.
Favorite vacation spot: I love cities. I love the culture, the history, the museums, and all the things you can do and see in big cities.
Favorite book: I read anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've read over 75 books so far this year. Some of my favorites have to be Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Catcher in the Rye by Salinger, Stranger in a Strange Land by Heinlein, 1984 by Orwell, Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
Favorite music: Piano Concerto no. 4 by Rachmaninoff, or maybe Pink. I'm kind of all over the place.
Favorite teaching experience: I love math! I love when someone "gets it" and, if even for a moment, they also experience that same love.

No comments:

Post a Comment