Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Teacher Tuesday

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we feature, 1st grade teacher, Miss Johnson. 
We think she's great and we're lucky to have her at Valley View!
Favorite food: When I really want to really treat myself, I order crab legs. However, I also love Mexican, Chinese and Italian foods.
Favorite movie: I don't have a "favorite" movie. In fact, I don't remember the last movie I saw in a theater. But, when I do rent a movie, I usually get a romantic comedy and work on my computer through the whole thing. I have a hard time just sitting and watching a movie without doing at least three other things at the same time.
What do you love most about Valley View: I love working with the faculty and staff here at Valley View. What great people they are!!!! This is a great school and I have really enjoyed my experience here. I'm also amazed daily with my wonderful students and LOVE being their teacher!!! I also LOVE my view of Mt. Timpanogos from my classroom window either.
Where are you from originally: I have lived in Orem all my life and LOVE living in this majestic valley. I graduated from Orem High School (just like both of my parents), and have attended Utah Valley University. My whole family still lives in Utah County and I love being so close to them so that we can get together often.
What grades have you taught: I have only taught 1st grade and have loved every minute of it. First graders have so much enthusiasm for learning and still love being at school. They energize me daily!
Favorite holiday: I love all holidays! However, I probably love the 4th of July best when we celebrate this wonderful country and spend the day with family, watching the parade, having a picnic and finishing the day off watching fireworks together.
Pets: I don't have any pets and am not a big fan of pets. When I was growing up, I had a pet iguana that ran away to my neighbor's bush. I found this iguana over 15 years later when I was helping her cut down this same bush. When I found him, he was mummified and still had his skin and scales on him. Crazy!
Favorite vacation spot: One of my most memorable vacations was when we spent Christmas in New York City and stayed eight nights. We saw nine different Broadway shows during our visit and really got to spend quality time each other on Christmas. One day I hope to visit Hawaii and I really want to get back to Alaska. However, my most favorite vacation spot is in Fountain Green, Utah at my mom's vacation house. What a wonderful town that is. We go very often and I love getting my hands dirty working in the yard and garden and spending time with my wonderful family.
Favorite book: I'm in love with children's literature. I have way too many favorite books to choose just one. So many life lessons can be learned from a picture book. I especially love reading these books to my students.
Favorite music: I love most music (except country). The majority of my personal music library is 80's music, musicals, children's music and Christmas music. Most often though, I just listen to the radio. I love music and try to include it in the classroom as often as possible.
Favorite teaching experience: I really love being a teacher and have had so many wonderful experiences in the classroom. The children are so great and I love being with them each school day. As mentioned earlier, I love reading children's literature to my students. They listen really well to the stories and enjoy talking about the books we've read. Quiet often when I read, my students beg me to continue reading to them. I hope they continue to develop a love of reading and learning and that they never loose their love of school. I know I love being here with them!!!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter LOVES Miss Johnson & what she brings to the class each day! Thanks so much for what you do with the kids and how involved you are in their life with them each day!

    ReplyDelete