Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Teacher Tuesday

Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we feature 2nd grade teacher Ms. McCaman. 
She's an intern this year and we love her excitement and drive for teaching.
Favorite food: Peanut Butter! (And anything Mexican or Italian!)
Favorite movie: Hmm, Transformers... or maybe Gone in 60 Seconds? I love the cars!
What do you love most about Valley View: I love the fact that I went to Valley View as a child and that I'm teaching in my very own first grade classroom! I also love the faculty because they are all so friendly and supportive. Last but not least, I LOVE THE STUDENTS!!!
Where are you from originally: Northern California, but I've grown up most of my life in Pleasant Grove. I also lived near Dallas, Texas for a year and a half recently.
What grades have you taught: Only second grade... so far!
Favorite holiday: Christmas... and Super Bowl Sunday! (But really, all holidays! I'm a sucker for traditions!)
Pets: I've had dogs, cats, and even a horse. I even competed in a few Jr. Rodeo Queen competitions when I was younger! However, I currently have no pets.
Favorite vacation spot: I vacation quite often, so its hard to pick just one! The best trip I've taken to date is the trip I was given for my 21st birthday. I spent two weeks in London, Paris, and Rome. I also love visiting Hawaii, Maine, Victoria, and Disneyland. I'm hoping to visit Boston and Washington D.C. soon.
Favorite book: Recently? The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulaine by, Kate DiCamillo. Oh, and yes, the Twilight Series!
Favorite music: That's easy... Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra!
Favorite teaching experience: Watching my students perform their Thanksgiving play for their parents. They did AWESOME!!!
*P.S. I have a wonderful daughter who is in fourth grade.
*P.P.S. I LOVE the Utah Jazz and NEVER miss a single game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment