Welcome to Teacher Tuesday!
Today we are learning more about one of our awesome 6th grade teachers, Mrs. Gagon.
Favorite food: My son, Grant, would want me to say anything at Texas Road House. He works there. But I really love crab legs. I think because we don't get them very often.
Favorite movie: Little Women and It's a Wonderful Life, I love the oldies.
What do you love most about Valley View: Valley View is like home. All 3 of my own children went here and loved it. We have lived in the area for 25 years. It is great to work with your neighbors. I love the people! The staff, the children and parents.Where are you from originally: Salt Lake City, UT. I was the youngest of 10 Children. I loved growing up in Utah, snow skiing, water skiing, hiking, and camping. I taught snow skiing for 5 years before I was a school teacher.
What grades have you taught: 7th, 8th, and 9th grade resource, (Orem Jr.) K-3 resource, Reading Recovery, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, and 6th grade (Valley View).
Favorite holiday: Christmas (Who doesn't love it!)
Pets: We have always had dogs. Right now we have two, Boone & Oso. Oso got hit by a car last fall and lost a right hind leg. We still love him the same. His nickname is Lucky!
Favorite vacation spot: I love to travel! In college, I lived in Austria for 6 months, and traveled all around Europe. But, now I would say anywhere that we can scuba dive, my whole family dives. I must say, Tahiti has been an all time favorite.
Favorite book: That is hard. I have so many books I love. Secret Garden, was my first love and it is still a favorite. The Great and Terrible series, The Kite Runner, These are my Words. Hunger Games series, I love reading all kinds of books. (I have a sister-in-law that works at Provo City Library and keeps me reading the latest.)
Favorite music: Enya, or just any music I can relax to.
Favorite teaching experience: WOW! I have so many. I love kids of all ages. It seems like every year there is one that has a special spot in my heart, and I would take them home with me, if I could. I have really enjoyed teaching 6th grade this year. I have a great class, with fun kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment