If you're looking for a fun summer activity for the kids, why not get a project ready to submit for the upcoming 2010-2011 National Reflections program! The theme this year is "Together we can." There are many different categories and kids from preschool through 12th grade are invited to enter. You can download an official entry form here and although the deadline isn't until October, starting on your entries now gives kids time to really put some effort into it. I love the Reflections program. I remember entering when I was in grade school. The program was started in 1969 by a PTA President in Colorado and encourages millions of students across the nation to create beautiful works of art. Our Reflections Coordinator this year is Anna French. She suggested starting the Reflections projects in the summer. I had never thought of this, since we usually wait until the week before the entries are due! I think it is a great idea and I hope your kids find some time this summer to be a part of a great program.Sunday, July 4, 2010
Together we can...
If you're looking for a fun summer activity for the kids, why not get a project ready to submit for the upcoming 2010-2011 National Reflections program! The theme this year is "Together we can." There are many different categories and kids from preschool through 12th grade are invited to enter. You can download an official entry form here and although the deadline isn't until October, starting on your entries now gives kids time to really put some effort into it. I love the Reflections program. I remember entering when I was in grade school. The program was started in 1969 by a PTA President in Colorado and encourages millions of students across the nation to create beautiful works of art. Our Reflections Coordinator this year is Anna French. She suggested starting the Reflections projects in the summer. I had never thought of this, since we usually wait until the week before the entries are due! I think it is a great idea and I hope your kids find some time this summer to be a part of a great program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is why I LOVE that they announce the new theme so early. Can't wait to see what you get turne din!
ReplyDelete