Mr. Gardner
School Principal
My favorite teacher, and I had many great ones over the years, was my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Crockett. I attended school at Adams Elementary in Logan, Utah and in 3rd grade, my parents just divorced. I was really struggling with school and didn't have much self confidence. I didn't think I was very smart and I was having a hard time making new friends. Mrs. Crockett somehow noticed me and could see that I needed a boost. She made a sincere effort each day to say something positive to me and she took the time to help me when I was struggling with my work. It didn't take too long until I thought that I was Mrs. Crockett's favorite student. Of course, it wasn't until some years later that I realized that because of who she was, many students probably thought the same thing. By the end of 4th grade, I had developed self confidence in my abilities and I really began to fit in with my peers. But it didn't end there. For the next several years, Mrs. Crockett kept tabs on me. When I received an award in class, she sent a note congratulating me. When my name was in the paper for playing in a big game, she cut out the article and send it to me, always with a note telling me how proud she was of who I was becoming. I credit Mrs. Crockett for being one of the people who helped turn my life around. I'll never forget you!

No comments:
Post a Comment