Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Favorite Teacher Tuesday

Mrs. Muir
Kindergarten Teacher
There are a couple of teachers who stand out in my mind as favorites. One of my favorites was my first grade teacher. She was a  young, energetic first year teacher who was excited to be teaching. She helped me learn to read well and made it fun for me. I loved her classroom, it was warm and inviting. Because of her I wanted to become a teacher.
The other teacher that stands out in my mind is my High School AP English teacher, Mrs. Kauffman. She was the school librarian as well. Two years before she had taught my older sister and she didn't want to compare me to her. She asked me to TA for her in the library so she she could get to know me. She instilled in me a love of literature, reading, discovering and traveling. She taught me to be confident and to believe in myself. She helped me to realize I could do and become anything I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment