Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back-to-School Night Preparations...

I thought summer had gone by slow until I was setting the table for our Back-to-School Night Dinner. Now I realize, how fast it went! I haven't ever done a formal dinner for Back-to-School but the night before school is a special time and I thought I need to do a little something more.
Here's what's on the menu:
Chicken cordon bleu with white sauce served over basmati rice
Bacon wrapped asparagus with cilantro dipping sauce (for mom and dad)
Herb biscuits
Homemade ice cream
Do I cook like this all the time? I wish I did. In fact, last night the menu was cold cereal. So I need to make up for it tonight. Also, I need to document my efforts so the next time cold cereal comes calling I know that special meals were served every now and then! I also like making the menu sound fancy and then I feel more like Julia Child :)
Other things I need to do today:
1) Get lunch food for when the kids take home lunch
2) Buy after school snacks
3) Make sure camera is ready to go for pics in the morning
4) Pick up the house
5) Do PTA stuff
I hope your school year gets off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment